Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Brielle's Gotcha-versary! {7 years!}

April 23, 2012 completely changed our world! We met a spunky, beautiful little girl in a hotel room 7,000 miles from home. My heart skipped a beat the moment I laid eyes on her and it has never been the same since. ♥

A few months back during church, the pastor had us divide into small groups to pray. As I was praying with Brielle, we prayed for her family in China. She began to cry. I asked her if she missed them (though she never really knew them). She nodded. I continued to pray and said how I'm so glad I get to be her mommy. Through her tears, she said, "I'm glad too!" 😭💗 We are so grateful she is ours and we are hers!
Moments after meeting ~ April 23, 2012.  We finalized the adoption just a couple of hours later.
Arriving Home! May 3, 2012
She's wearing a little make-up because she had dance pictures tonight!
Then we rushed to her softball game. She hit a triple off her 1st pitch. I love that she's girly and strong at the same time!
We had to squeeze in pizza & cupcakes between softball, dance, and cheer (Thankfully tennis was rescheduled!), but we will always celebrate this little girl being in our family!
She can still "fit" into the 18mo outfit she was wearing on Gotcha Day!
Laughing about the split pants, common for little kids in China during potty-training. They are split a little more than they used to be though. 😄
From day 1 to day 2557. We've loved every minute of watching you grow, Brielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment