Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Emilee & Trista!

My niece Emilee celebrated her 12th birthday on the 19th. This picture is from last summer, but it's one of my favorites. I still can't believe she is in 6th grade already! We love you, Emi!!
My youngest sister Trista is 22 today! She and I are an odd sister pair. We are so very much alike in certain ways and polar opposites in others. We've been super close ever since she was really little though. I used to read her bedtime stories almost every night. And we used to share a bed for awhile since we were both scaredy cats. ;) I'll never forget one night when she was having trouble going to sleep...she was probably about Braylee's age. I told her to picture a volleyball game in her head...you know, passing the ball back and forth in your head is a little like counting sheep. Anyway, she rolled over a few minutes later and said, "What do I do now? The game is over." :) She's a sweetie, and she makes me laugh. I thought I'd share a few pictures of her with my girls. She *kind of* likes them. And I promise, these really are all pictures with Trista. She has a tendency to change her hairstyle frequently.


This was taken Sunday when the girls finally had their bellies full after waiting so long on their food. Braylee & Lillie were very patient.
The quality of this picture is bad, but it was too cute to erase. (Notice Braylee working a puzzle in the background.)
Monday, I hosted a jewelry party at our house. The girls sampled some of the snacks before the guests arrived.
Braylee was the mom and Lillie was her baby.
Tuesday was a beautiful day. I took the girls to the library. As we were walking in, they were sidetracked by a little bird. It was fresh out of it's nest, unable to fly yet.


Here's Braylee working that same puzzle again. :) She received it last year for her bday from Abbie & Gil, and she's become obsessed with it! I need to find her more like it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment