Saturday, August 9, 2008

PMS Club, Olympics, and Family Reunion

Let me recap our week...
Monday, we spent the day at home. I tried to reorganize their closets and toys and did laundry. The girls did a little stamping...My mom wore an adorable pair of red sandals when she was a wee one. My sisters and I all wore them too, as did Braylee when she came along. Unfortunately, Brynna never actually got a chance to wear them...just didn't work out with the right season/right size. But, I couldn't stand the thought of her not getting to wear them, so I (gently) shoved her chubby foot in one to catch a quick picture. I'm nuts, I know. Aren't they cute though...and 50 years old. Brynna was in a mood where she did NOT want to wear a diaper. She had been wearing panties all morning, but I made her put a diaper on before nap. Well, I guess she decided she would rather pee in the bed than in her diaper! Ugh! I found her naked with the diaper on the floor and the sheet wet. :(Tuesday, Abbie and Max stopped by for a bit. Then after naps, the girls and I went to visit Mandi, Andre' and Gabe. We picked up some Chinese on our way home, yum!

Thursday, we had out first PMS club meeting. :) PMS stands for Praising My Savior. It's a new group our women's ministry team has started for young ladies aged 18-35ish. We had pizza and ice cream and played a few games. I love getting to chat with my girls. We enjoyed a laugh from some older ladies at our church too. Only Rita and Carmen would have done this! They picketed outside Jamie's house with a sign saying Hearts For Christ Hot Flash Club. ;) (You can catch a picture over on Abby's blog.)

All week, I had been feeling under par...mostly just allergy-type symptoms. Thursday night was pretty rough, but by Friday, I was struggling at work. (It's frustrating when I feel sicker than my patients who are asking for antibiotics when I choose to fight it off on my own.) As soon as Alex got home from work around 6, I hit my bed and snoozed until 7:30. Those who know me well know this is very unlike me. I'm not a napper. I think I could have stayed in bed all night, but I didn't want to waste the evening. We started the DVR for the Olympics and then went outside for a little while. The weather was perfect for an evening walk. Then we put Brynna to bed and started watching the Opening Ceremony. WOW!! Alex, Braylee, and I watched in amazement and kept rewinding and rewatching it. By 9:30, I could no longer keep my eyes open even though I fought it until 10 because I wanted to watch it so badly. As soon as I got up this morning, I went back to the DVR to watch what I had missed! The Chinese performers were sooo impressive. If you didn't see any of it, I'd suggest doing some You Tube searches! :)

This morning, a deer walked through our yard. When Braylee spotted it, she asked me if it meant Christmas was coming soon?! We quickly had a little lesson on the difference between reindeer and white-tailed deer. :) We had a family reunion today for Alex's dad's family. His family is huge. There were over 300 people there, and of course some of the family did not attend. (Alex's grandparents alone have over 80 grandkids.) It was for the descendants of Alex's grandpa's parents, Jacob & Leah (yep, just like Jacob & Leah in the Bible! ;)). Brynna was born on Jacob's birthday. I love little family facts like that! Anyway, with respect for the Amish's beliefs, I try not to take pictures around them, but I couldn't pass up this cute picture of Brynna. She was a messy girl after her cupcake!I also snapped a picture of some of Alex's relatives leaving in front of us... a simple snapshot of his heritage.After the reunion, we went to a pool party for Alex's work. Alex swam with the girls while I chatted with the other moms. The sun was kind enough to hide behind the clouds occasionally so we didn't get too hot. Braylee loved the diving board!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That video was soooo cute! The picture of the diaper sitting outside the crib was also funny, maybe not for you though. Hehe. Sounds like you have been pretty busy, hope your allergies clear up. I have struggled with them my whole life and strangely enough, they seem to have vanished since I had Ariel. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Tera, I can't believe Braylee is such a daredevil (I'm serious!) My Skylar has such a self preservation instinct-- she'd no more jump in the pool like that than she'd jump out of an airplane! I check in often, but don't comment much! I'll try to comment more! :)

    ReplyDelete