Monday, August 15, 2011

Chicago- Day 2

Sunday morning, we went to Lincoln Park Zoo. As you can see while we were waiting at the bus stop, the weather was beautiful! We had to switch buses (conveniently right near the American Girl Place) so when a quick shower broke out, we ran for cover in their store and let the girls look around some more. We hopped back on a bus and by the time we arrived at the zoo about 10 minutes later, the sun was back and we had a gorgeous day! (The weather was so nice the entire time we were in Chicago, high 70's/low 80's with low humidity. We could walk around without getting hot. It did rain a couple of times but was always over before it ruined our plans.)

To back up a little... The night before, the girls were asking what their surprise was and since we were near the theater, Alex said we should go show them. So as we walked closer, I asked Braylee what the big sign said. She said, "Beauty and the Beast." I said, "Live!" She looked at me funny and said, "I don't know what that means?!" I said, "You get to watch Beauty and the Beast in real life!" Ohhh, the cheers started coming! They were super excited! They have been to live performances locally and at Disney World, but this was their first official "Broadway Musical!"
So on Sunday evening, the girls dressed up and posed for a few pictures with their dolls. We had a yummy dinner at Weber Grill before heading over to the theater.
It was raining when we arrived so I didn't get very many fun pictures outside. We were just thankful the subway station was right across from the theater so we didn't get too wet.
Braylee- being the BeastThe girls LOVED the show! Loved it!!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! What a great surprise! Love Braylee's beast picture!

    ReplyDelete