She started running a fever last Sunday the 14th. Even when I realized her temp was 103.1, she was busy playing with her sister. She's had a yucky cough but no other symptoms. I've listened to her lungs, checked her throat and ears, etc. Nothing. Just a fever that won't go away. It consistently stayed 101-103.6 for the first 5 days. For the last 5 days, it will be intermittent, fine one moment and 102 an hour later. :( She spends 70% of her day feeling pretty normal but then the fever spikes and she ends up shivering on the couch and asking her momma to snuggle her. The worst part...she's only been to school 2 days. She has missed 7! Ugh! I do enjoy getting to "homeschool" her but she is sooo ready to go back to school. She begs everyday. She misses her friends, recess, art, music, all of it.
This was on day 2 of fever. Her temp was 103 about an hour before this, but it's amazing what some ibuprofen can do!
This was on day 6 of fever. She is looking a bit more ragged here. Playing paperdolls turned out to be a good sick day activity. You can see the bar stools where Brynna had built a fort and you can see Braylee's water bottle and blanket from being on the couch all morning.
Sunday was day 8 of fever. She is dressed because we went to the hospital for labs and a chest x-ray, which came back normal thankfully. Her Sunday School class made her a Get Well sign. She loved it!
Little sister had to enlist her daddy to play with her when Braylee wasn't feeling well. He is a good sport...helping her play Cake Boss with playdough. :) The next picture is Brownie Girl Scout Brynna selling cookies to her daddy (with mommy's old sash on). She is a creative little girl.

Poor Braylee! I hope she is 100% well again soon. Take care!
ReplyDeleteawww bless her heart. My kids were always sick when they went to that little school, I guess being exposed to new germs and building up an immunity. I hope she is feeling better soon! I think Brynna looks like your sister in the pic playing with play doh. Looks like the girls have been making the most of the sick days!
ReplyDeleteI hope Braylee gets well soon! It sounds like the virus is harder on Mommy than Braylee!!!
ReplyDeleteTricia
poor girl! she'll be in my prayers!:)
ReplyDeleteAw.....that stinks. Hand, foot, and mouth is going around bad down here in her age group. No real sores or symptoms other than fever.........just FYI. My boss' daughter had it for over a week-fever and decreased appetite, but felt fine otherwise.
ReplyDeleteOh, that is such a bummer! I hope all returns to normal soon!
ReplyDeleteHope Miss Braylee feels better soon! Corbin had a temp virus thing like that back in February. He had a really high temp, but no other symptoms- it was almost 2 weeks. I didn't mind the time at home with him, but I hated that he wasn't feeling well- especially when you don' tknow what's going on with them!
ReplyDeleteI hope she gets to go back to school ASAP b/c I know she is missing it!
Oh no!! Sweet little thing - I hope she starts feeling better soon! I bet they are missing her bubbly personality at school!
ReplyDeletePoor girl! Not a good way to start out the school year. I hope she is feeling better and getting back in the swing of things. It is fun to have your kids home, but not when they are so sick. Take Care and Stay Well!
ReplyDeleteI hope your sweet gal is feeling week enough for the big day! looks like you really made her feel special while she was sick!! I love it!
ReplyDeletethanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I love 'meeting' other china baby families! the adoption community rocks! :) where are you in the process now??
much love to you!
angie
www.angiedweldon.com
Poor girl! And it has to be right when school starts. I am glad everything has came back okay and hoperully she is on the road to recovery!!!!
ReplyDelete