Braylee has been begging to get the pool out. Every day for the last 2 weeks, she has asked me if it's summer yet so she can go swimming! I finally pulled the pool out of storage Friday. Bright and early Saturday, they were in their swimsuits and ready to go! I worked in the landscaping for awhile, but Braylee didn't have to ask me twice to get in the pool with them...so refreshing! They splashed and jumped in the pool for over 4 hours. I finally coaxed them out for lunch and naps. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! Uncle Adam stopped by for a visit. He and Alex kept cool in the shade. After naps, Gramma & Pappy came over for dinner. It wasn't long until both of the girls were back in the pool, clothes and all! ;) We took a leisurely walk, gobbled up some delicious strawberry shortcake, and called it a day. I wish more days were this calm and relaxing.

Today after church, the girls did a little posing for me. You can tell by the length of their dresses which sister is tall and which one is on the shorter side. ;) 

"It's so tempting, Mom!"
We have a cook out this evening at church. It's a send-off for the Youth Mission trip. The organization we're going through is called "Casas por Cristo." We'll be flying into El Paso, Texas on Sunday June 8th. Then we'll travel over the border to Juarez, Mexico on Monday morning. Our group will be building a home for a family of six. We'll be staying in a church while in Mexico and already know we probably won't have shower facilities. While this is a bit gross, I'm more concerned about possible critters. Mice/Rats and cockroaches are at the top of my "Creep Me Out" list. So, if I had to choose, I'd rather go without a shower for 4 days than to sleep with any of those...just a little something you can be praying about. :) Another prayer request...We will be doing lots of work in hot weather with few "fun" activities in between. Please be praying for all of us to keep positive and uplifting attitudes. We want the families to see Christ through all of this and being grumpy servants wouldn't be the best way to go about it. It's going to be hard work, but we're all really excited!
I hope you savor every moment of your mission trip. I will pray for unity within your group and that through your actions God's kingdom will be enlarged and lives saved for HIM! We will be praying for your family as mommy is away! Just make sure you get some great surprises for your little girls and Have a Great Time!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your trip and great for you for taking the time to go. I often forget that others around the world need our help and I focus on my own little household but it is an inspiration that you are taking the time away to reach others for Christ. I will pray for a safe journey and protection for your babies while you are away. Have an awesome time!
ReplyDelete