Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Very Latest

Greetings to all family and friends. This post is brought to you by Tera's friend Krista. Tera isn't sure when she will have Internet access again, so she asked me to update everyone. First, I need tell you that Tera and the girls were in an accident this afternoon on their way to Branson. I know that's the last thing we all wanted to hear this week, but Praise the Lord NO ONE was seriously hurt!! When I talked to Tera, her dad was taking her to the ER to have her elbow checked out. She said it was difficult/painful to bend it. Braylee, Brynna, and Tera's niece Emilee appear to be just fine and they were looking forward to swimming later on. = ) Though Tera and the girls seem to be doing well, I know your prayers would be much appreciated.

Now to update you on Mandi and Gabe. Mandi is now wearing a back brace and is feeling more comfortable/supported in the brace. She was able to sit up in a chair for 1 hour and 45 minutes! That's a big improvement from once laying completely flat in a bed. Unfortunately, Gabe is still on a ventilator and probably will be for at least the next 24 hours. They will also put in another central line for fluids and blood work. A chest x-ray will be done to check his lungs and the placement of the tube. Your heart just breaks to hear of someone so small going through all of that.

I believe Tera's plans are to continue with her family vacation, and we will try to keep you updated on any changes. On behalf of Tera's family, I want to thank everyone for their prayers and support during this time.

Krista

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing protective God we have. I can't even imagine the emotions all your families are going through. We are going to step up the prayers for everyone!

    Thanks Krista for filling in and updating...blessings to your family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, I am so thankful to hear everyone is ok. Thank you for your updates, prayers will continue for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to thank Tera and Krista for always keeping us updated. I had surgery myself on Tues.(hysterectomy) and I have not been getting out much, so it is nice to be able to read your updates. I got your website from Amber Jo and I also gave it to Jackie in Mississippi so that she can stay updated. Please give Mandy a hug from us and let her know that we are praying for her and all of the family. We hope to come and see them soon when they are all feeling a little stronger. Let us know if anyone needs anything from home or if anyone needs a ride to Indy, just let us know.

    We Love you guys,
    Mitch,Rhonda,Chelsea,Lance and Gage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers are going out for both families from our home. We ask for God's protection over the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart almost stopped when I read this - I am so glad that Tera and girls are ok. Thank you, Krista, for updating us on both families.

    ReplyDelete