Sunday, June 29, 2008

Prayers Please!

Mandi is not feeling well tonight. :( She was really struggling this evening with being uncomfortable. She is aching all over, and the rash on her arms and legs (not sure what is causing it) has gotten a lot worse in the last 24 hours. Today is Andre' and Mandi's 6th wedding anniversary. I witnessed for myself this evening their commitment for "in sickness and in health," watching him rub her back and comforting her. Andre' is always the romantic. He (along with some help from her brother and cousins) pulled off a surprise "candlelight" (can't actually light the candles in the hospital!:)) dinner for her. I left once the food arrived, so I hope she was able to enjoy it.
I want to share a few things about the accidents we were in. We do not understand why God has placed these obstacles in our paths the last few weeks, but we know He has been protecting us and guiding us. And, we fully believe all things work for the good of those who love Him. When Mandi was ejected from the vehicle, she and Gabe landed on a large bush near the road. It cushioned them from being totally pinned against the hard ground, possibly saving their lives. Andre' has since learned the owners of that special bush had planned to remove it but hadn't gotten around to it. :) When I drove back to where our accident happened, I kept looking at where it happened. If you've ever been in the Springfield/Branson area, you know it's really hilly and rocky...large rock walls along the interstate at times. We landed in a pretty FLAT, GRASSY area. If the wreck had happened a few seconds earlier, we would have either crashed into the rock wall or overpass concrete. If we had wrecked a few seconds later, we would have went down into a large ravine...not even sure how far down we would have went. Again, I don't know WHY these accidents happened, but I know we were in His hands.

On a lighter note, I'm *pretty sure* Braylee hasn't grasped the magnitude of what happened...since she was playing "wreck" yesterday. Crazy girl!Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Many prayers going out for them. I'm sorry to hear she's not feeling well and that her rash is getting worse. Will keep the specifics in my prayers for sure. How sweet of Andre' to make the best out of the situation. How thankful they both must be that they can celebrate their marriage together, even if it's in a hospital room.

    Hearing the details of your accident and Mandi's, it is amazing to see how God was there through it all, even if just through procrastinating bush owners. God is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its those little discovereries after events like this that totally remind you of the power of our God. I am just so thankful you all are ok. Praying for Mandi and Gabe's continued healing daily.

    (ps, just realized the link to your blog was missing when I updated my list, its back now, yay!)

    ReplyDelete