It has been such a nice, quiet week. We've spent almost every spare moment watching the Olympics. Thursday night, I let Braylee lay in our bed to watch the Olympics (thinking she would fall asleep right away) while Alex and I watched in the family room. Around 11pm, I decided I would head to bed and watch the Olympics there until I fell asleep. To my surprise, Braylee was STILL awake! I asked, "Aren't you sleepy?" She said, "I'm waiting on gymnastics!" Unfortunately for her, she fell asleep about 5 minutes before gymnastics started! She was very excited to see the American girls win the next evening when I was rewatching it.
Thursday evening, Andre', Mandi, and Gabe stopped by for a visit. As they were getting ready to leave, Gabe dumped a cup of water all over himself, right after Andre' had just changed him into a onesie for bed. So...he got to wear one of Brynna's home. ;) He looks pretty cute in multi-colored hearts.


Today, the girls and I went shopping with Jamie and her kids. We always have fun when we shop together...no real plans, just play it by ear. We do a lot of browsing and bargain shopping.

One store we went to had a fenced in play area! The kids loved it. The play kitchen reminded me a lot of the kitchen set we used to have as kids.


We ate lunch at McDonald's. I hate to say we eat there often, but we do. The girls usually love their happy meal toys. McDonald's usually does a great job of doing gender-specific toys, which recently for girls were Polly Pockets. As soon as I sat the tray on the table, Braylee said, "That's a boy happy meal." - the box was covered in black and gray Star Wars characters. Sure enough, I pull out some boy-looking toy. I take it to the register and ask if we can trade it for a girl toy. The cashier responded, "Oh they are unisex. They are all the same." Are you kidding me?! Darth Vader for a 3 year old year girl? If they wanted to stick with Star Wars, they could have given the girls Princess Leia or something. Braylee and Ava showed their disappointment.
I think Brynna wants to be potty-trained, but her body doesn't always cooperate! ;) She begs to wear panties and pouts when I make her wear a diaper...but I'm not cleaning up messes all day! She's used the potty 4 times today, but I've also changed 2 wet diapers and one pair of wet panties. So, she's about 50/50 right now.While the girls were napping today, I watched the movie P.S. I Love You. Someone should have warned me!! I cried probably 5 different times. I'm glad Alex wasn't home to make fun of me!
Oh, I'm bummed that you won't be making it. :( I was sooo looking forward to having a big group get together. And I was really looking forward to getting to hang with you in person! Hopefully we'll get one planned that we can all make. Perhaps someplace cool like Vegas or something. :)
ReplyDeleteI love your new layout; I figured it was for the birthdays but I really like it. Love the new pic of the girls up top, too; Brynna's hair looks sooo dark!
Gabe looks adorable with his hearts onesie, too; REAL men wear multi-colored hearts!! I can definitely see the resemblance between Alex and Andre but the difference in hair is hilarious!
You need to post some pics of you with your braces. I'm sure I can find some of me when I had them a few years back. Of course, mine were clear on top so it's not really obvious that I've got on braces. Did you get metal on top? Hopefully the next 24-30 months will fly by for you. It's not the most fun in the world by any means but at least you have the end result to look forward to! :D
Stacie
Tera,
ReplyDeleteYou and Bridgette will be wearing braces together. She's getting hers in September. :{ I love your new layout. Mandy has been working on one for me too and guess what the color scheme is? Red, black and white. Too funny.
Later
Sue
Stacie- My braces are clear too. They aren't too bad right now since it's just the top. I'm dreading the surgery and expander though. :( When I told Braylee I had to wear them until she is 6, her eyes got really big! I'm sure I'll get used to them soon and won't think much about them the next 2 years.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, your kids are too cute! Add me to the list of getting braces too. I haven't had the nerve to actually do it yet.
ReplyDeletelove the new layout! it's too cute! i had braces from 6th through 8th grade... not sure i would want to do that again! but you'll have a great end result :) love all the pictures- gabe is too cute in brynna's onesie! i watches p.s. i love you on friday over at rich and melissa yoder's! it was sooo sad!
ReplyDeleteokay, glad to know i'm not the only one who cried pretty much through the whole movie!!!
ReplyDeleteI may just agree with brandi. I just watched the movie last week and cried all the time. Since Aliah was born I'm cry baby anyway - almost by every TV show I have to get a tissue....
ReplyDelete