I had forgotten how much I liked the Olympics...or perhaps I'm just appreciating it more as I get older. I've always enjoyed watching the gymnastics, especially since I started tumbling at the age of 4. But I don't remember being this captivated by ALL of the events. Alex and I have stayed up until midnight watching...and DVR-ing it too so I can watch it again the next day if I want! :) Last night, I felt sick to my stomach for Katie Hoff...only to about jump out of my skin when the mens 4x100 relay team won awhile later! So exciting! I love to hear the background stories on the athletes. And, my little girls are loving the games too...although I'd have to say they are mostly interested in gymnastics. Braylee doesn't grasp the complexity of the athletes' skills. While she was in awe of watching the synchronized divers, she also said, "I can jump off the diving board too." -like hey, it's no big deal! :) Here they are Sunday night watching... 
Last night at Wal-Mart, I bought the girls a Slip N Slide- or at least that's what we called them when I was little. They couldn't wait to try it out today. This was Braylee's first attempt... :)
It didn't take her long though before she was sliding like a pro.
Brynna decided she would rather just play in the sprinkler part.



The UPS guy came while we were outside too, which was an extra bonus for Braylee since the UPS guy ranks right up there with Santa. ;) New outfits from gymboree arrived, so it was a bit like Christmas for mommy too. I finally talked them into going inside for naps. They wanted to go back outside for more slippin' and slidin' but by that time the slide was shaded...too cool for more swimming.The girls were playing with Braylee's make up earlier this evening. Check out Brynna!

In Sunday School yesterday, we talked about how most people rate how "blessed" they are on how much they have been financially blessed. We started discussing all of the different ways we are blessed and how we should be thankful for even the little things....which got me to thinking because I have a tendency to take my pretty easy-lack of drama-healthy-happy life for granted. So, here's just a few blessings I've been thankful for the last two days:
-Having weeds to pull because this means I have green things growing around my house. The house we built in Mexico is completely surrounded by dirt...dusty dirt with no green in sight.
-Being able to race my girls in the backyard because I know someone who wishes she could chase her little one right now.
-Fresh bouquet of flowers in my kitchen, straight from my landscaping.
-My dishwasher, washer, and dryer because it makes my mom job a little easier. :)
-Hearing Braylee say, "Wait for me, Mommy!" when we were headed out on our bike ride because I love being "Mommy."
-And of course, my beautiful family, who have all given me hugs and kisses today.
What blessings are you thankful for today?
Hello...you probably don't know me but I have been keeping up with your blog since Mandis accident. My name is Lacy Jeffers (Fisher) and I love your blog. I wanted to write to ask about the olympics. We have been so crazy busy this weekend/week that I haven't got to watch most of it. I was wondering if you knew how the young gymnast did? Thanks, Lacy
ReplyDeletewww.oursweetone.blogspot.com
Aww, Braylee looked so adorable on the slip-n-slide! I remember those too but I was always too scared to actually do them. My kids will slip-n-slide all.day.long if I let them!!
ReplyDeleteBrynna reminds me so much of Brooklyn in some of her pictures. The one of her on the couch with the bed-head look going on is one of them, lol.
Oh, and Ashley says you have a beautiful yard. I agree. :)
Stacie
so I LOVE LOVE LOVE the olympics too! especially gymnastics- but i've been watching all of it! i started tumbling at age 3, i guess once a gymnast, always a gymnast! :) i've been keeping up on beach volleyball w/ misty may and kerri walsh! they are amazing! i love the swimming and diving too! anyway- i've been staying up wayyy too late watching each night (and dvr'ing as well!) lol.
ReplyDeletewe have that same slip n slide and Brycen loves it! he looked like braylee going down the first for quite awhile! he did catch on though :)
it was so sweet of abby to invite me to your guys' new "club"! :) thanks for your sweet comment too! i commented on her page about how nice it must be to have girls/women whatever you want to call them to socialize with... that are christian mommy and wives too! most of my friends are quite there yet... i really would love to come :)
okay so this is the longest comment ever, sorry!!! :)
Tera,
ReplyDeleteYour girls are too precious. Is Braylee wearing winter pjs in the first photo (too cute). Grace wears hers too.
Thank you for the last portion of the post regarding looking at the little things that really make you feel blessed. Yesterday I went home and the girls and I went outside and just enjoyed it. Looking at the fluffy clouds, swinging, sliding and eating popsicles.
I know this is a long posts, but thank you for writing that. I think we all need to look at little things in life.
Jess
Hey Lady! I am loving the olympics too. It's funny because I'm not sure at what age they start to grasp the complexity. We were watching the synchronized diving last night as well and Avaree (10) said "Well, I can dive off the high dive," and Tysen (12) says, "Yeah, that doesn't even look that hard. Only a 1 1/2, ha." They were cracking me up!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I've been thinking about you a lot lately, and I know we are both busy, but we should try to get together somtime!
<------->
Pen ;)
Hi Lacy! I'm guessing you are asking about Shawn Johnson? She finished 1st All-Around in the trials!! :)
ReplyDeleteStacie- Thank you about our yard...I love it too. We live outside of town in a small subdivision on a corner lot. In the summer, it's so nice to have the privacy...2 tree lines plus we have a growing tree line of pines between us and our only neighbor which makes our lot pretty private. Lots of space for the kids to play! I think Brynna and Brooklyn favor each other too, especially since they are little peanuts!
Jess- Yes, Braylee loves those pajamas even though they are fleece with a winter design!
Chelsa- You are more than welcome to come to our club anytime! Invite Sonya too!
Penny- We definitely should try to get together soon. Although, I'm sure you are extra busy right now with volleyball. Glad to hear your kids think the Olympics looks easy too!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTera,
ReplyDeleteThe pics of the girls slipping and sliding were very cute, and your blessings made me a bit teary eyed!
I'm thankful for restuarants with TVs so my girls could actually watch the Olympics! The looks on my girls faces when they saw the gymnasts and the look of pure amazement! It dawned on me they have never watched professional gymnasts before!! We can't get our locals out here on the farm! But I'm thankful for the farm and wide open spaces for the kids to run!
ReplyDeleteAnd most importantly thankful for you and your sweet family and your BLOG to watch them as they grow and enjoy every day life the good and bad and seeing God turn the bad into good! You're a good Mommy!