Monday, June 23, 2008

Disappointing News & Exciting News

Unfortunately, we received disappointing news once Gabe was done in the OR. The ENT lasered the tissue that was obstructing Gabe's airway, but now it needs time to heal. This means he'll be on the ventilator longer. :( Please be lifting Andre' up in prayer tonight. I can only imagine the roller coaster he was on today...first to see Gabe interacting with him and then to get this upsetting news.
Now for the exciting news!! Braylee and I visited with Mandi this evening. She looks great! The swelling is going down in her legs, and she showed us how she can lift her left leg. AND (drum roll please) she stood for 2 minutes today!! She is working really hard in therapy. The OB doc came over today and let her listen to the baby's heartbeat. The baby seems to be as strong as it's momma. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Tera, I've been following your family's story since you posted on our Sweet Peas board. All of you have been in my thoughts. I'm so glad Mandie is doing better, and I hope sweet Gabe is on the mend quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart breaks to think of the trauma your family is going through. Molly was sick when she was 18 months old an it was so awful it makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it. Gabe is in our thoughts and prayers and we really appreciate the updates. Has Mandy been able to see him? Her heart must be breaking. I will pray for strength for all those involved.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how difficult this has been for everyone. Praying for Gabe and continued healing of Mandy. Thats incredible how far she has come already. What a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tera - my name is Laura Raber...I used to go to the Dr. where you work until we moved to western Illinois. Anyway...I've met Mandi before and so saddened to hear about their difficult struggle right now. I'll definitely keep all of them in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara,
    This is the 1st place I come every day to see the updates!!! I have been praying for Mandi and you all since I heard about the accident! I know EVERYONE is praying & we all believe God is taking care of both Mandi & Gabe! Thank you for all the updates!!

    Leah & family

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still praying {{{{hugs}}}} -- This is such a hard thing to have to go through.

    ReplyDelete