Vacation Bible School started Sunday evening at our church.
Alex and I were the assistant directors this year, which means we'll be in charge next year. After the first evening, I thought I might resign for next year! It was a bit chaotic at times, trying to get everyone registered, knowing where to be at what time, delivering supplies, etc. I had to drink a
Mello Yello when I got home. ;) Thankfully, the rest of the week ran smoothly.
Our theme this year was Amazon Expedition! The church was decorated like a rain forest- very cool! The lessons were from Answers in Genesis and revolved around the 7 C's of History: Creation, Corruption (sin in the Garden of Eden), Catastrophe (the Flood), Confusion (Tower of Babel), Christ, Cross, and Consummation (fulfillment of God's promise with Christ's return). The kids had a blast!
I tried to get pictures each night, but I'm pretty disappointed with my camera lately. Perhaps it isn't working properly because it was tossed around in a car wreck or left in a scorching hot vehicle while I was at work or has been banged around by two little girls...not really sure, but I don't think it's working at it's full potential. Anyway, here's a glimpse of our fantastic week of VBS.








I used to love going to VBS, but never something as big as that, very cool! Your little gal is healing up well too :)
ReplyDeleteTera,
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a blast! Joe, myself, and the girls are planning on visiting Providence soon :)