Saturday, July 12, 2008

Visiting with Family & Friends

Tuesday, Braylee & Sydney played at Bridgette's house while I took Brynna to get patched up. Bridgette might just be a teacher in the making. By the looks of the pictures, she kept the girls really busy. They spent time coloring, painting, walking down to the creek, playing outside, and making masks out of paper sacks.
Thursday evening, we visited with Mandi, Gabe, and the rest of their family. Gabe was in the swing when we arrived while the rest of the family was inside eating. Since he can't eat much yet, they try not to let him see/smell other food. He is starting to take small amounts by mouth though and hopefully the tube can come out sooner than expected. It was great to see Mandi up and about with her walker.
Mandi and Tera
Gabe reached for Alex. It was so sweet. He's very sleepy here though.
This picture of Brynna is just so sad. I was trying to get a close up of her stitches, but she was tired and ready for bed. Such a pitiful little thing. A couple people have commented on how "calm" I sounded in my post about Brynna's accident. I guess because it was something that really couldn't have been prevented, and she is going to recover without problems. It probably also helps because of my medical background...but trust me, anytime one of my girls is hurting, my heart aches for them.
Friday evening, we went over to Kevin & Abby's for dinner. The kids were busy jumping in the inflatable, climbing on the swing set, chasing after the kittens, and sharing wagon rides. The adults tried to enjoy as much conversation as we could before one of us would hear, "Mom!" :) It was a humid, but pleasant evening. Some of my pictures didn't turn out very well but I'll share a few anyway.

Abby O. & Braylee
Yesterday, Braylee & I went to Jamie's in the morning for an Uppercase Living party. She stayed and swam with Ava & Jake while I went to a Bible school meeting. In the meantime, Alex bought us a new vehicle! :) When I returned home, a burgundy Envoy was sitting in my driveway. As Hannah Montana would say, "It's the best of both worlds!" It's still an SUV, but it has 3rd row seating like a minivan. My Pa wanted to know why I need a 3rd row! ;) I assured him we aren't planning on a new baby anytime soon. But, it must have been stuck in my mind because I dreamt I was pregnant last night! Ah! I remember feeling totally unprepared and scared in my dream, yet I was slightly disappointed when I woke up this morning and realized it was truly just a dream. Anyway...it's nice to have a vehicle to call my own again. Braylee and I took it to town yesterday afternoon, and I'm very pleased with it so far. It has a moon roof which Braylee thinks is the coolest thing ever. Little ones are so easily entertained. :) Last night, we spent the evening preparing for Bible school. The church looked great this morning...all decorated in a rain forest theme. Braylee is so excited for VBS to start tonight. I'm pretty excited too! ;)

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I love the pics!! Braylee looks so sad in the pic of her stitches--I just wanted to hug her! I'm so glad Mandie and Gabe are at home and on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture with the tear had me wanting to cry. Sniff. Congrats on the new car, yay! Gabe is looking so good, as is Mandi, still praying for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Cara Kauffman (used to be Wagler.) I was wondering if you had an email for either Mandi or Andre' - or both.- thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh right- my email might be helpful
    it's cdwags3@hotmail.com -thanks
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the pics of the girls! They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ... that picture of Braylee made me want to cry! I'm so glad she is healing nicely though. And Mandie and Gabe look really good! I'm so thankful that they are doing well.

    Enjoy VBS - ours is in three weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooops - I meant to say the picture of Brynna! (slaps self on head!) I'll just blame it on the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Tera, I cannot believe how big Braylee looks now!! I guess she must be getting taller b/c it looks like her face is getting a little slimmer (maybe losing some of the baby-ness in the process). Her hair is so long, too. She's a beauty!

    That pic of Brynna was just about the most pitiful thing ever!! I am praying she heals up nicely and quickly.

    Yay for Mandi and Gabe - what great news!! I hope her visit with the neurosurgeon goes well. I'm sure he will be very pleased to see the progress that has been made. Lots of prayers going out for Gabe's recovery as well; I've updated several people from my church who are in constant prayer for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete