Today is my mom's 51st birthday! I doubt she cares that I posted her age, because if I was her, I'd be pretty proud to look that good at 51. :) I love my mom. I love how at 29, she still calls me "babydoll" or "sugar." I love how she just calls to talk, even if she doesn't really have anything she has to tell me. I love how she completely goes overboard with baking goodies at Christmas. I love how she always smells good. I love how we can spend 2 hours floating around in a pool talking about girl stuff...and think only 30 minutes has passed. I love how she spoils my girls. I love how she encouraged me to continue nursing Brynna even when others thought 16 months was too long. I love how she would make detailed lists for my grandparents of all of our activities while she and dad were traveling so we wouldn't miss anything. I love how I used to find my mom talking to herself and thinking it odd...and now I catch myself doing it all the time. I love how she (still) leaves little notes sitting around in unexpected places to let us know how much we are loved and prayed for. I love how at a young age, I can remember my mother getting her Bible out during the day to read and highlight while we played and danced around her. Even when we disagree, I just really love my mom. There are quiet times when I am rocking one of my girls or snuggling them in bed and think about how my mom surely did the same things with me. I remember how desperate I was to make sure my mom was at the birth of both of my girls...I just couldn't imagine doing it without her. And I distinctly remember being in the hospital in March 2002 when I had had surgery...thinking I had never felt so miserable...and telling Alex, "I need my mom." He said, "Why? Is there something I can do?" I said, "No, I just need my mom." And, I remember the relief I felt when she and my dad walked into my room. Thank you, Mom. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!
So, this is what we did today. The girls play so well together.




Tera,
ReplyDeleteI know that I just commented on your last post but I had to tell you that you are so luck to have such a great relationship with your mom. Cherish every moment! I couldn't help but tear up reading about your love for her and the way that she has treated you. Don't take a single moment of that for granted! What a great example she has given you for your girls!
Andrea
Tera! I loved your description of your mom! It actually brought tears to my eyes! It's the same way I feel about my own mom- except I'm just not good about expressing it to her... I wish I was. Your girls are beautiful- it looks like you had a fun day :)
ReplyDeleteTera, I loved your post!! Made me cry!!!
ReplyDeleteI was just telling someone the other night at the Agri-Gold meeting what a beautiful family your dad has...I was sitting next to a fellow blonde and your dad refrained from using "blondes" in his ice breaker joke! ha ha. I said it is funny because he is surrounded by beautiful blondes! And in your pictures you can just see the love your family has for each other! I know it is a mother's love that ties it all together and she has passed that down to you & your family! Happy birthday to your momma & sis!
ReplyDelete