Yesterday, in the muggy heat of Southern Indiana, we headed to Holiday World with Tim, Krista, and their girls. Within the first hour, I thought we might all die from heat stroke or dehydration. It was so humid we could barely enjoy watching the girls ride some rides. We decided to eat an early lunch, in an air-conditioned restaurant I might add. When we were done with lunch, we headed back out to find a nice breeze. And while the older girls stood in line with their dads to ride the giant eagles, the breeze turned into a strong wind and I found myself with goosebumps! Thankfully, the storm went north of us, and we were able to enjoy the rest of the day with tolerable heat. When the girls were riding the carousel, Brynna's eyes became heavy and she looked a bit drunk on her horse. :) She fell asleep in my arms as I carried her back to the stroller. We were happy she was able to get a little nap in. The older girls rode a kiddy roller coaster--twice they will tell you with pride! It started to get really hot again about the time we headed to the water park. We all had fun splashing around and cooling off. On the way home, Braylee told me her favorite part was the water playground. All of the girls were sooo good, especially Brynna and Addison who have to be the easiest going little girls around. Brynna was really good about wearing her hat all day too...I'm very paranoid about her scar getting burnt. We topped off the day with a trip to Los Bravos, our favorite Mexican place...a perfect way to end a fabulous day. We had received phone calls during the day to see how our weather was since it was storming at home. While we had sunny weather, we found the evidence of the storm when we arrived home. We lost one of our trees in the front yard. When I was awake from 2:15-4:10am (just part of the insomnia I frequently deal with), the wind was blowing hard again, but I was happy to find no more damage this morning.









We're spending a quiet day at home today. We went on a bike ride and the girls played in the sprinkler. After having Bible School last week, it was nice to finally catch up on the laundry too.
How fun!! It looks like you all had a fun time! :) BTW...I'm so jealous of you! I wish that after having 2 kids I looked as good as you in a swim suit!
ReplyDeleteI laughed when I read Brandy's bathing suit comment....I was thinking the exact same thing but thought I better not post that!!!!! Your girls are adorable and it looks like you had a really good time at Holiday World!!
ReplyDeleteThanks girls!
ReplyDeleteJen- When we got there and it was scorching hot, I thought of your trip and how hot it was. Thankfully, it ended up not being too bad.
What a cool place that Holiday World is! I hope maybe we can go if we are ever out that way. :)
ReplyDeleteWe love Holiday World as well! Brycen talks about it all the time! haha! We went in June so it wasn't nearly as hot as it was for you guys! I'm glad the storms didn't mess up your day!
ReplyDeleteJay- If you are ever out this way, you have to come visit and we'll take the girls to Holiday World together! :)
ReplyDelete