Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Wildflowers

Earlier today, the girls and I met Abbie and Max at the park for lunch. It was pretty hot, even the kids were starting to complain about the heat. I always love to catch up with my friend though. I'm sad school will be starting again in a couple of weeks, and all of my teacher friends will be heading back to work. :(

This evening, I took the girls to a field of wildflowers to have them photographed by my other friend, Abby. (This can be confusing sometimes, so Braylee typically refers to them as "Max's mommy" and "Lillie's mommy" to keep things straight.) I'm sure Abby caught some beautiful pictures, but let me tell you...it was sooo HOT! Or really, I should say it was so HUMID! We were all dripping with sweat. Braylee loves to be photographed. Before we left, she was showing me all of the poses she was planning to do. ;) She got a little sidetracked by the gnats so she forgot about her fancy poses, but she still managed to pull off a sweet smile...sweat and all. Brynna on the other hand...Well, she's never been crazy about getting her picture taken. I warned Abby (which she already knew since she babysits for us sometimes) that Brynna can not stand for her feet to be dirty. Sure enough, I had to carry her everywhere and she refused to stand in the wildflowers. :( It was too hot to fight with her. So, we may have to try again next year to get some pictures of the girls walking in the flowers. Maybe she'll be over the whole dirty-feet-thing by then. I wore a dress to match the girls, but seriously...sweat dripping down my nose will not be pretty.

Last week, I had the moonroof open on my vehicle. When I picked up Braylee from daycare, she stuck her head up to the open window and yelled, "Jesus! Hey, Jesus!" I started laughing and said, "What are you doing?!" She said it was her window to see Jesus. (And she says He must live up in the "blue" part of the sky because she knows He doesn't live in the clouds. :)) So, today, she started yelling for Jesus again. After about the 5th time, I said, "Ok! I think He heard you." She replied, "I know because I can feel Him in my heart." ***My heart melted.*** I love her faith. She really does teach me to trust Him more.

A little update on Brynna's toilet habits. :) During the month of June and early July, we were a little preoccupied with trips and hospital visits. I'm guessing she only used the potty a hand full of times during those weeks. But, she has gotten pretty excited about the potty again which makes mommy happy! She sits on the potty about 3-4 times/day and uses it probably 2x/day. Sometimes, she initiates it and other times, I take her (like after nap time). She is starting to take her diaper off if she has peed in it too, so I'm hoping that encourages her to use the potty even more. Also, I'm amazed at how much she has learned in the last few weeks. Pink is definitely her favorite color (My mom will appreciate that!). She wants the "ink" jammies, "ink" cup, "ink" crayon, etc. It's so cute to hear her say it because she leaves off the P but really emphasizes the k on the end. The only problem is pink and drink sound about the same. ;)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I bet the pics will be beautiful!! And YEA, BRYNNA!!! That's awesome that she is using the potty already! Cam is still clueless about it all. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness..I know I've said it before I just can't believe how much your girls are like Megan & Natalie at that age...especially Brynna & Natalie..must be the 2nd-born?? Natalie hated to get her hands and feet dirty...LOVES PINK...and her 2-year-old picture she was so stubborn and I told the photograph to take the pic with the huff on her face! But she loves to have her pic taken now! Still Loves Pink...Now if Brynna tells you at age 2.."that sometimes she just needs a piece of chocolate to make it through the day" like Natalie did...I'll know they are kindered spirits! Braylee's faith is so sweet YAY for you & Alex for instilling in her! I'm sure the pics of you and the girls will still be good...I don't think you gusy could take a bad one!

    ReplyDelete